Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Great Day Was Had By All

I took a vacation day and the 'Rents and I spent the day at the track.  What a better way to spend time with your family than at Churchill Downs.  But I digress.

A coworker's sister is married to a race horse owner, and she gives their tickets to her brother (my coworker) who makes them available first come first served.  These aren't just any seats.  They are on the infamous Millionaire's Row at the track.  They treat you like royalty and pamper you.  

We did fairly well today - I only lost $33, which to me after betting on 10 races, I am a winner. 

And I also got to meet Kenneth Ramsey - the owner of the race horses that I've been betting on since the spring.  He was a very cool guy, and he gave me a pin of his jockey silks, which I immediately put on my shirt lapel, and he let me watch a race that one of his horse's was entered in with him and his family in his box.  I can't begin to say how awesome that was.

All in all, it was a great day with the 'Rents.

No comments: