Friday, July 21, 2017

Heat Wave Update

It seems like we're in day 87 of our big heat wave.  I know that's not exactly right, but it sure feels like it's been this hot for 87 days.   This morning when I woke up at 4:30 it was 81 degrees here at The Compound.  As I type this right now, it's 98 degrees, with a heat index of 106 degrees.

I'm very, very happy to report that The Girls don't seem affected by the heat very much.  They are drinking more water than normal, but as far as their activity, they are running around as much a they usually do. 

I think the 'Rents and I are taking the heat worse than The Girls.  We just finished supper and we're getting ready to hunker down on the couch and recliners in front of the a/c vents and watch tonight's Reds game, with a big bowl of ice cream in our future.

Stay tuned.

No comments: