Saturday, April 22, 2017

Update On The Girls

The Girls are growing and changing every day.  They are starting to get more feathers, and you can see a difference every day.  With their feathers, they aren't as friendly as they used to be, but me and The 'Rents still pick them up and talk to the, so they will continue to know our voices.  They calm down after a few seconds, and don't mind being held in our hand while we pet them. 

They are also getting more active.  They are hopping over each other and their feeders and heat lamp, and have bursts of energy when they just run around their big tub.  They say this is a great sign.  I'm glad, because not a day has gone by that I haven't read one of our many chicken books to make sure we're doing everything right. 

Today, I drove 30 miles to Radcliff to the Rural King just to buy them a 50 pound bag of feed.  I wrangled it from the shelf to the cart, then from the cart to the back of the Blazer, and then from the Blazer to a galvanized garbage can.  I think I got my exercise today. 

But all in all, they are growing and thriving and doing great.  

Stay tuned.

No comments: