Friday, April 21, 2017

Flashback Friday

Back in the day (circa: 10-15 years ago) I would be as nerved up as could be on Thunder Eve.  Not tonight.  Ordinarily, I would have been stressing for 4 or 5 days prior, trying to figure out the weatherazzi's forecast.  And then planning on what everyone was supposed to bring to the all day and most of the night event.

I'm not ashamed to say that my Thunder days are over.  I've been three times, and that's enough for me.  And it appears to be enough for my SFs, too, since we sold our tickets to tomorrow's Bats' game again.  

I've seen Thunder Over Louisville three times - each from a different vantage point.  Yes, it was cool.  It was undescribable to be able to feel the ground shake underneath your feet when the mega fireworks exploded.  But it was also undescribeable to have to endure the traffic to get out of the parking lot and then on the roads to get home.  Enough is enough. 

Given the fact that the there is heavy rain in the forecast for tonight, tomorrow and part of Sunday, I'm glad I'll be high and dry here at The Compound. 

No comments: