Monday, December 22, 2014

It's Time For A Break

I'm not sure about you, but Santa Puddin is tapped out.  Every trip I've made to the store in the past two weeks has cost me at least $30, and most of the time, twice that.  And on occasion, three times that.  With trips to the grocery store, drug store, big box stores, and other stores, I'm tapped out.  I'm glad that Christmas is just three sleeps away.

I am thankful that I have the money to spend on the 'Rents and a select few for Christmas; that's not the point.  The point is I'm tired of shopping and want a break.  I made what I hope to be one final stop on the way home today.  A week ago, I made a major list of all I wanted/needed to buy before Christmas - be it presents, food, beverages, etc.  I visited all of the appropriate stores and checked off each item.  Today when I left Walgreens, there was nothing left on my list.  It sure was a good feeling and a relief.

Tomorrow, the 'Rents will be going to the grocery for fresh fruit for our traditional Christmas Day fruit salad, but other than that, bring on the holidays. 

No comments: