Thursday, December 18, 2014

Early New Year's Resolution

Today is my 25 year anniversary at work.  It's hard for me to believe that 25 years ago today, I walked up that long stairway to the 2nd floor of the old United Furniture building (which is now part of our office parking lot).  It some ways it seems like 125 years, and in other ways, it just seems like a few years ago.  But I digress.  

Since it's my anniversary, today is when I get my new allotment of vacation days.  There is a maximum amount of vacation days that you can carry over.  If you're hourly, you can get paid for any extra you don't carry over.  If you're salaried, well, shame on you for not not using them.  I decided yesterday that my New Year's Resolution is to start using more vacation days and personal days in the new year.  And what a better than to start using them right now! So I took off today and tomorrow, and again next Friday.  And I'm already planning my annual birthday vacation week in January.  

It sure felt awesome not to work today.  And I know it will feel just as awesome tomorrow. 

No comments: