Monday, July 7, 2014

Who Needs The Maytag Repairman?

I am very happy to report that I fixed a problem on our refrigerator freezer last night.  Yep, it made me feel awesome.

I came home from Diva Stacy's, and was being slightly OCD - I wanted to make sure I found my leftover container of salad and my half of an Arby's I was taking for lunch. I looked for 10 minutes and couldn't find the Rubbermaid container in the fridge. I looked at the small fridge on the porch and nothing. Then I looked in the freezer, thinking either Mom or I had a senior moment and put it in there. Nothing. But in doing that, I discovered that the freezer wasn't fully closing on the left side. Even if you slammed it and put your full weight against it, it still wouldn't close. I took a few things out of the freezer and it still wouldn't close. By this time Mom had come back in from walking and The Old Man wanted to know what I was doing, so everyone was involved now.

The first thing I did was go find the owners manual to the fridge. Then I saw where you need to adjust the level of the fridge because that could make the freezer door not fully close. In the meanwhile, Mom was on her hands and knees cleaning up under the fridge and inside the fridge. The Old Man went out to get a level from the garage. We had to take off a plastic grill from the bottom of the freezer to get to two knobs to adjust the levels. Once we finally got that off, The Old Man did some tinkering with the left knob and in a few minutes the door was closing fine.

Then tempers were still pretty flared up, so I knew the best way to calm them would be with ice cream. So I ran up to Krogers, not before stopping at the corner liquor store for some tequila.  I got them a box of sugar-free ice cream bars and I got a dollar small carton of Gelato and all was well with the world.

No comments: