Monday, July 21, 2014

Re-Entry

My first day back after being away from the office for a week wasn't bad at all. We've grown to call the first day back "re-entry."  

Re-entry wasn't without problems, however. The power went out in the plant at 1:00, and that put things in tail spin, but there wasn't anything we could do about that. We couldn't key the day's production because we didn't know what was built, so there wasn't anything we could do about that.

And I've said this before and I will say it again:  in our department, the majority of our work has to be done daily, since we schedule and take care of inventory; so when someone is out of the office, everybody else pitches in and does their work.  So when you come back from being off, there's not big pile of work you need to do to get caught up.  And this was the case today.  Other than "boss" things I had to take care of, all of my work had been done while I was off.  By 11:00, I was all caught up. 

I'm glad I had a week away from the office, and for the first time in ages, I didn't really dread going back today.

No comments: