Friday, February 21, 2014

Flashback Friday

This morning, we woke to some sad news - the original Mexican joint in our 'hood burned down last night.  Yep, no more Mexico Tipico.  

I will be honest and say that it had probably been ten years since I had been in there, but it was the first local Mexican restaurant that we had and me and the 'Rents have some great memories from our many trips there.  In fact, we were there the night before I had my big wreck back in July 1992. Our favorite server, Nacho, waited on us that night.  And later on in the evening, my dear friend MP and I ran into Nacho at a local country dance club where we went because we wanted to try our hand at the two-step.  Yes, yours truly was dancing that night.  My childhood friend PhD and her hubby and other friends were there as well.  Little did we know my life would change that next day when I had my wreck.  But I digress.

We loved Mexico Tipico, and we went there until more convenient Mexican restaurants were opened closer to home, and easier to get to.  But still, Tipico was the first. We have many memories of going there with friends from work and our neighborhood. 

I hope that they will be able to rebuild.  That part of Dixie Highway will not be the same without Mexico Tipico.

No comments: