Friday, February 28, 2014

Flashback Friday

With the weatherazzi predicting over a quarter of an inch of ice and 3-4 inches of snow Sunday evening, the frenzy has started.  I'm pretty sure that the grocery stores are full of people buying the required bread and milk. 

Maybe because I was younger and didn't drive, and thus couldn't do the grocery shopping, but I never remember my parents and grandparents saying that they needed to get to the store for bread and milk whenever snow was in the forecast.  And I never remember us ever running out of bread, milk, or anything whenever we had a big snow.  The only thing close was the winter of (I think) '77 - '78, when my Grandma made my chocolate birthday cake from scratch because there was a lot of snow and Mom and Dad couldn't get to the grocery store to get a cake mix. 

All I know is that I'd already planned to do the grocery shopping tomorrow morning for provisions for us at The Compound.  Heaven help me.

No comments: