Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Life Day To Me




In case you can't tell by the heading and by the above picture, today is my Life Day. It's the day I celebrate getting another chance in life - 18 years ago today I was in a head-on car wreck and was almost killed, and in fact some of the doctors thought I might never be able to use my right foot again. Thanks the Lord and to the skill of my orthopedic surgeon Dr. Henry, I'm doing fine today.
The card above was drawn by two of my favorite little people, the son and daughter of a dear friend, who also celebrates his own Life Day in October. I found this card one day last week when I was looking for somethng at my desk. It wasn't a coincidence.
Some might think it's a bit morbid to celebrate on the anniversary of a wreck but I think it's awesome. Each year I do something fun and cool to celebrate life. Today, I rode my bike out in the heat and am going to get back on track with healthier eating. So Happy Life Day To me.

No comments: