Thursday, October 9, 2008

An Omen At The Compound

We believe that a miracle occurred tonight at The Compound during supper. While Mom was frying some chicken tenders, she noticed that one of the pieces of chicken looked just like a horse's head. She yelled for me to bring the camera, saying that she had something for me to take a picture of for my journal. Imagine my surprise when I did in deed find the chicken tender very journal worthy.

Some may call it a miracle or a coincidence - I call it an omen. It just so happens that yesterday, Churchill Downs announced that the Breeder's Cup would be back here in 2010. Yep, an omen deed.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to put the Churchill Downs Breeder's Cup horse head on eBay and make thousands of dollars from the sale of it because Dad ate it at supper. Oh well. At least Mom and I thought it was cool.

No comments: