Friday, April 26, 2024

Flashback Friday

 I just came back into the house after feeding and watering Large Marge.  At the age of 7 years old, I am happy to say that for the past few months, she's been giving us one egg a day.  Can't ask for more than that from the old girl. 

Yesterday, I was in the line at the post office to mail a package, and the guy at the window next to me was there to pick up a very important package: a box filled with 6 just-hatched chicks.  You could hear them peeping, much to the delight of everyone in the post office at that time. The clerks and customers all wanted to look in the box at the little fuzzy yellow chicks. I couldn't help but think back to that day back in April of 2017 when I was in his spot at the post office - waiting to pick up my six chicks.  I truly felt like an expectant mother waiting for my chicks.  I drove probably 10 miles an hour home to make sure they made it safe and sound.  

It's hard to believe that we're down to just Large Marge.  But she's still strong and healthy and pretty.  

No comments: