Friday, April 19, 2024

Flashback Friday

 Tomorrow is the annual Thunder Over Louisville - supposedly the world's largest fireworks show and air show. For those of you faithful readers not familiar with this, it is the big kick off for the Kentucky Derby Festival.  For those of you faithful readers that know me well, you will remember how I would get so stressed up on the Friday before Thunder. For quite a few years, some School Friends and I would get to Slugger Field early Saturday morning and go to the Bats baseball game and then enjoy all of the goings on down on the water front until it was time for the fireworks.  

On Thunder eve, I would be stressed over making sure we had plenty of snacks and more importantly beverages to take.  I would also stress over the weather.  I would stress over finding an available parking spot in the lot next to Slugger Field.  And most of all, I would stress as we fought the massive traffic jam getting home after the fireworks ended.  But now I am stress-free. I would guess it's been over ten years since I went to Thunder. And I sure don't miss it at all.  

No comments: