Monday, June 4, 2018

Things Are Not Always What They Seem

I made a late night trip to Krogers (in keeping with my trend of going to Krogers once a day, but I digress) and when I pulled into my parking spot, I saw a family walking in to the store.  The mother was digging in her pants pockets and was counting change, and the father had a one dollar bill in his hand. 

I got my few things I wanted (strawberry glaze, a green bell pepper and some bananas) and went to the self check-out lane and noticed they were in the self-scan in front of me.  They checked out and paid for a two liter of Pepsi and a gallon of milk using their dollar bill and change.  I immediately felt humbled; I was buying things that we didn't need and only wanted.  But then I walked out to the Blazer and saw them getting into an 2018 Dodge Charger, and I didn't feel so bad. 

No comments: