Friday, June 15, 2018

Flashback Friday

It's the middle of June, and that means that the Catholic church picnics are in full swing. 

My mind drifts back to several stages of going to the Catholic church picnics.   Before I was a teenager, I would go to the picnics with some friends of the family, and we would collect the beer cans and take them to the recycling center the following week to make some good, easy money. 

Then something happened.  I grew up.  And didn't visit the picnics until I was a young adult.  It was the place to congregate and see friends that you hadn't seen in awhile.  Even if you actually went to a picnic by yourself, you weren't alone for very long, because you'd always see 87 people that you knew.

Flash forward to today's picnics.  It's not nearly as fun as it was back in the day.  You hardly ever see anyone that you know.  And it's mobbed by tons of PATs.  And if you know me, you know I don't like being around a crowd of PATs.  


No comments: