Sunday, June 24, 2018

I Thought I Was Cool

After Sunday School this morning, I was talking with our best friends at church, Jenny Lee.  She wanted us to know that she was going out of town [again] and wouldn't be at church the next two Sundays.  Now, for Jenny Lee, this is nothing out of the ordinary.  She has a son in Denver that she visits a few times a year, and another son in Florida that she also visits a times a year.  And in between those visits, she usually travels out of the country with another son.  But I digress.  This morning I asked her where she was going on this trip. She said Stuttgart.  In Germany.  To see the Rolling Stones.  

I thought I was cool, but I'm nowhere near as cool as this 88 year old woman that is going to Germany to see the Rolling Stones.  I gave her a big hug before we left, and I kissed her on the cheek and told her that when I grew up, I wanted to be just like her.  She smiled and winked and said "You've got a good start."

No comments: