Friday, January 12, 2018

Flashback Friday

The Weatherazzi had us all worked up today for our first Winter Storm of the season. Last night the Jefferson County Public School System already called off school for today.  It made me think back to the beloved snow days of my youth.

I would get to sleep in until how late I wanted, and then for lunch, me and Grandma and our neighbor Alice Jones would have Chef Boy R Dee frozen pizza for lunch.  For some reason, we never bought these frozen pizzas at the grocery store; I would walk down the road to the neighborhood store and buy two of them for each snow day.  Then Gram would slice some onion and green pepper to "doctor up" the pizzas, and then Alice would put on her snow boots and trudge down to The Compound and have lunch with us.  

This memory came flooding back today, as I had frozen pizza on a snow day.  Only I didn't get to stay home today. 

No comments: