Friday, December 22, 2017

Flashback Friday

I'm thinking back to the days in elementary school when we would have a big party on the last day before Christmas break.  The "room mothers" would bring cupcakes, cookies and KoolAid for us.  The class would exchange presents with the person whose name you drew a month ago, and the school would give us a stocking with awesome ribbon candy, candy with jelly in the center and always a candy cane shaped pen or pencil.  Oh how we looked forward to this day.  Now, not so much.

I was at work today from 7:00 until 5:30.  It was our year-end inventory audit.  Me, my boss, the plant manager, and all of the plant supervisors were there until 5:30 today while the auditors were doing their counts.  Oh how I longed for the elementary school day-before-Christmas-break.  

I drove home in the pouring rain, wolfed down a bowl of soup, and then got the rain boots on and went out to gather eggs and put the girls in for the night.  When I got back in the house, I became domesticated and made a batch of Chex Mix while I wrapped presents.  And now I'm ready to crash. 

Yep, I wish today had been like the elementary school days.  That way, I'd be looking forward to two weeks off. 

No comments: