Sunday, December 31, 2017

Farewell, 2017

Dear 2017:

Sorry to be so blunt, but it's time you left.  

It's not that you were all that bad of a year, but you were one of the worst years in my career at work. There were a lot of problems and issues that we faced this year, and I am glad that you are leaving and am really looking forward to 2018.  We know what needs to be changed, and I am confident and optimistic that we, meaning my department and I, will do better in 2018.

I do thank you for not giving us any major health issues this year.  Other than my bought with the mega cough that was going around in March, the 'Rents and I had a great year health-wise.  I thank you for that.

I also thank you for my opportunity to become a chicken farmer.  If you'd asked me this time last year if I would want to raise six chickens I would have told you that you were crazy.  But thanks again for the opportunity.

I'm not going to say I'm sorry to see you go, but as always, I am thankful for the lessons you taught me this year.

No comments: