Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thankful Thursday

For the next few, or maybe longer, weeks, I'm going to call Thursdays "Thankful Thursday."  Each Thursday, I am going to post about something I am thankful for. 

Today, I am thankful for my Girls. 

On Tuesday, I met a friend for dinner, and the 'Rents had their fave supper of turnips and corn bread - a meal they have when I'm not at home for supper.  But I digress.  The turnips were cooking, and my Sweet Mother started to make cornbread, only to discover there were no eggs.  Never fear.  The Old Man took our official egg basket and walked out to the Coopdeminium, and gathered not one, not two, not three, but four eggs.  The Girls came through for their supper!

And our neighbor SL was very happy tonight when I brought her a dozen eggs, courtesy of the Girls.  She's already asked when we were going up to Lafayette to visit my cousin again, because she really enjoyed taking care of the Girls while we were gone.  It's great to have such a good neighbor like SL, and that that, I am also very thankful.

No comments: