Friday, October 27, 2017

Flashback Friday

It's the Friday before Halloween .  Way, way back in the ancient days when I was a kid, I would probably have been trying on my Halloween costume tonight and walking around outside to make sure I could in deed walk outside in the costume. 

The costume choice would have taken weeks, if not months, to finalize.  And way back in the day there was no ordering on Amazon and having it Prime shipped to you in two days.  You went to the store and tried on and bought your costume.  And after you bought it, you were stuck with it even if you changed your mind. 

I remember Mom and Grandma taking me to Dixie Manor to get a Halloween costume when I was  a little kid.  We went to Murphy's.  I remember picking out a Cinderella costume.  Believe me when I tell you it was nowhere near as exciting as the costumes are today.  It consisted of a plastic mask, that Dad had to cut new air holes in so I could breathe, and an equally cheap nylon cover-up costume part.  Our shoe wear for the night depended on the weather forecast.

But all in all, I distinctively remember that Cinderella costume. 

No comments: