Sunday, September 3, 2017

No More Chicken and Dumplins Tuesday

We pass by my office on the way to church every Sunday, so the sights along the way are more than familiar to me.  But this morning, something was different.  About a half mile from my office was a truck stop called Carolyn's.  Me and my faithful reader/coworker/longtime friend SFH used to go there every Tuesday back in the day because Tuesday's special was chicken and dumplins.  We also get awesome ho-cakes aka fried corn bread.  Carolyn's has long since closed, and this morning when we passed by there, it was nothing but a pile of rubble.  It was still standing there Friday evening when I went home from work, so they tore it down yesterday.  I'm kinda sad about it.  SFH and I always kept the hope that someone would buy it, clean it up and reopen it.  Those hopes are gone.  Maybe someone will build another truck stop there.  I doubt it, though.  It will probably be just another nail shop or used tire place. 

No comments: