Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thirsty THursday

Some of my friends out in the factory asked me to go next door to work at our local watering hole for a couple of beers after work today, and I was only happy to oblige.  It's Thirsty Thursday at that watering hole, and Buds and Bud Lights are only a buck.  That's one hell of a bargain.  If I hadn't had to drive myself home I think I would have had a couple more, with the way this week at work has been. 

I'm just happy that they think of me as "one of them", even though I'm in the office, and there is a pretty big chasm between the plant and office.  But I think of them as just my coworkers - regardless of whether they work in the plant or in the office.  I remember how my parents were treated when they worked in a factory for 30 years.  I've prided myself on being good friends with my coworkers in the plant, and in keeping communication open with them, even if that communication sometimes is on Thirsty Thursday. 

No comments: