Saturday, May 13, 2017

Lucky Me

A few weeks ago, I was talking with some friends that are former members at church.  Two years ago they moved to Lexington to be close to their kids.  The husband's cousin lives down the street from them, and he and his wife are thoroughbred horse owners.  Our friend said right now they have about 100 horses.  He had way more than that, and sold about 2/3 of them last year; one of the horses he sold was Kentucky Derby favorite Girvin.  But I digress.  After I talked to our friend, I got online and did some research and was able to find about 50 of the horses that the guy and his wife own.  

The next day after I did my research, I found out that one of the guy's horses was running at Gulfstream Park.  I got online to my trusty Twin Spires betting account, and saw I had $4 left.  That was just enough to place a $2 Exacta Box bet on that horse and another.  Wouldn't you know it - I was a winner, to the tune of $380.   I immediately withdrew $200 to be put in my checking account, and then I was off to bet on more of the guys horses.  

Flash forward to today.  The guy had six horses running today.  I bet $2 across the board (to win, place, and show) on each of the six horses, but on one of them running in the last race today at Churchill Downs, I asked for some expert advice from The Old Man.  I had him pick another horse for our Exacta Box.  And as a courtesy, I bet The Old Man's horse across the board, too.  Wouldn't you know it - my horse came in first and The Old Man's horse came in second, to the tune of $189 for the Exacta Box, not to mention a pretty hefty payout for our win and place bets.  Once again, I immediately withdrew $100 to my checking account.  

I sure as heck don't win every day, but I have deposited a total of $300 into my checking account as a result from betting the $4 that was left in my betting account; I have not deposited any money.  So I'd say I'm doing pretty darned good.  


Stay tuned.  I hope to bring you more good luck reports like this.

No comments: