Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Public Service Announcement

Public Service Announcement for my coworkers and any FB friends or faithful readers that bank at Louchem Federal Credit Union -- there was a security breach, and some info has been hacked. They said that no accounts have been violated.  But as a precaution, they are cancelling all debit cards and issuing new ones. 

 If your account is affected, they will call you. I just wanted you to know so you didn't disregard their call as just another telemarketer phone call. They left three voicemail messages for me tonight while I was shopping in Walmart after work. I called when I got back to the car and got my phone. Sure, it's a big inconvenience that I will be without a debit card for a week or so until the new one comes in the mail, but it's a small price to pay for the peace of mind knowing that some low-life SOB didn't drain my checking account and cause me a mountain of problems to get my money back.

Thank you Louchem Federal Credit Union for being proactive and protecting what little money I have in your financial institution. 
 

No comments: