Friday, March 3, 2017

Flashback Friday

Back in the day, every Friday we would have fish from Eddie's Seafood House or Mike Linnig's.  Usually it was from Eddie's.  But I digress.  That was the the ritual.  It didn't matter if it was during Lent or not, on Fridays after work, Mom and Dad would stop at Eddie's Seafood House on their way home from work and get fish for Friday night supper.

As a kid, I never think that Mom or Dad or Grandma and Grandpa would complain about our order being wrong.  It always seemed right.  Not today.

I went to a local Catholic church tonight for our Friday fish, just to give them the business, and when I got home, our order was totally wrong.  We ate what they gave us, but shame on me for not checking when I picked up the bags at the counter.  I was distracted by chatting with our former neighbors PS and Bev.  I've learned my lesson.  If I get fish from the same place next week, I will be sure to go through every styrofoam container in the bags and make sure you didn't short me like you did this week. 

No comments: