Thursday, January 5, 2017

Happy First Snow Of The Season

Louisville had its first measurable snow of the season today.  I'm not sure what everyone else had, but we barely had an inch of snow here at The Compound.  

Schools were called off early this morning even before the first flakes of snow had fallen.  But I will give the school district credit; with over half of the kids that go to school here in Jefferson County being bussed to schools across town, it was a good call not to have busses out on the slick, untreated roads this morning during the peak of the snowfall.  It's not like it was back in the day when all of the kids went to schools in their neighborhoods.  So I stand with JCPS on their call. 

About a half hour after I got to work this morning, I heard coworkers complaining and asking if they would get to go home early today.  I told one of them "You can go home early if you want any day of the week, as long as you have paid time off or if chose not to get paid for it."  That shut them up pretty quick.

Luckily, the inch of snow had melted off of the driveway here at The Compound, so I didn't have to call Magic Mike to come and plow my driveway.  
 

No comments: