Saturday, January 7, 2017

Baby, It's Cold Outside

When we got up this morning, it was a crazy cold 9 degrees here at The Compound.  I had to run some errands, and by noon it had warmed up to a balmy 13 degrees.  Yep, that's cold.  But you wouldn't have known it if you'd seen some of the people I saw today.

At the grocery store, I saw a 40-something lady that looked like she had just finished working out.  She was wearing yoga tights that came mid-calf, a sleeveless shirt, and a down vest with a hood.  I saw her and just shook my head.  She was ahead of me in the check-out line, and as she was getting her groceries to leave, she spent at least five minutes trying to get her hood tied just right around her head.  I shook my head again.

And later on this evening as I was waiting for our pizza at our favorite 'hood pizza parlor, the place was packed, and about half of them weren't wearing any coats. I am going to give them benefit of a doubt that they left home with coats in the car, but I'm not too hopeful.

As for me, I had on my trusty down-filled parka, Thinsulate gloves, and my cool knit hat to keep my old head and ears warm.  You know it's cold when I say it's cold. 

No comments: