Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Ban Has Been Lifted

Over ten years ago, you might not know this, but I was banned from entering Farmtown.  Yep, banned, as in only allowed to step foot on the outer perimeter of the garden.  You see, that summer when the 'Rents went on their annual trip to Canada, it was Diva Stacy's and my job to pick beans while they were gone.  Apparently we didn't pick the beans to suit them; meaning, we trampled the vines and when we picked, we didn't pick the bean - we pulled the vines up.  

But today, the ban was lifted and I was allowed back in the garden to pick beans.  And pick I did.  The 'Rents, me and Grandmother (a dear friend from work) picked a bushel of green beans tonight, and I did it to suit the 'Rents.  Maybe I did it a bit too well, because I heard chatter of them having me pick beans next summer.

No comments: