Sunday, August 14, 2016

My Faith Is Restored

I went to WalMart tonight to mainly finish getting my steps for the day and to pick up a few things we needed.  I made my three laps around the store perimeter and then got the things we needed and checked out.  I was putting my bags into the Blazer when I noticed a guy in his late 20's walking up to me.  I'm not ashamed to say I did reach inside my purse and get my KelTec out and put it in my pocket.  The guy said that he had tried to ask me if I needed help with my groceries but he said I was "too fast".  Whatever.  He went on to say he needed to catch the TARC bus but he only had 69 cents.  I kept my eye on him as I got in my purse and got out a dollar and gave it to him.  This was for survey purposes; I wanted to see what he did with the dollar.

He thanked me very much, and walked off toward the bus stop.  I didn't have any groceries that would melt, so I stayed there in the parking lot where I could see him and waited. I wanted to see if he went to the WalMart convenience store and bought a blunt or a Tall Boy.  But sure enough, the bus came and he got on it.  My faith in people has been restored a bit tonight.  

No comments: