Sunday, December 13, 2015

We Have Seen A Star In The . . . Southeast

We just got back to The Compound after spending the day at Dad's cousin's humongous farm down in Breckinridge County.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to drive the gigantic John Deere tractor again, but it was still a great day.  We had an awesome time visiting with family - laughing, telling stories, and just enjoying being together.  But I digress.

On the way down, I noticed barns with these very cool metal stars hanging on them.  Lo and behold, when we got to our kinfolk's place, they had one on their barn, too.  I asked them what the meaning or symbolism was. Dad's cousin shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know.  His wife had the answer, however.  She said "They sell them at Tractor Supply."  Nuff said. 

I think I might have to get one for our little red barn.

No comments: