Friday, December 14, 2012

Flashback Friday

I asked the 'Rents tonight at supper what their biggest fear was when I was in elementary school.  They said their only real fear was me getting on the wrong school bus when it was time to go home.  They didn't say "The fear of a crazed gunman coming into your school and shooting you and your classmates."

I cannot begin to express what I'm feeling now about the senseless, horrific shootings at the elementary school this morning.  Some might condemn me for saying this, but today's shootings have affected me emotionally more than 9/11 did.  I know I really shouldn't compare the two, but I'm being honest and expressing how I feel today.  I know for a fact that I didn't cry this much nor was I this emotional on 9/11. 

Our prayers go out to all of the families affected by the shootings.  And the prayers will continue to go out forever.

No comments: