Sunday, March 24, 2024

A Day Of Rest

Yesterday wore me out, faithful readers.  I made the Old Man a big breakfast; big meaning something other than his usual favorite Dunkin Sticks or Pecan Twirls.  It's taken me three and a half years but I am finally able to fry his eggs over easy without breaking the yolks.  Then I cleaned up the kitchen, and swept and mopped the kitchen and dining rooms.  After another cup of coffee [for energy], I went to the grocery store.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - I had some coupons, and also got 30 cents off per gallon at their gas station.  After I put away the groceries, I made a pitcher of grape Kool-Aid (something I'd been wanting for a long time but kept forgetting to buy at the store). Then to top it all off, I bundled up and went out in the crazy wind and walked a mile up and down the driveway.

As a retiree, I think I need to start pacing myself.   

No comments: