Monday, November 16, 2020

I Sure Miss You, Mama

 I've been dreading this day for months. One year ago today is when my sweet mother left her earthly home and went to her heavenly home with our Lord.

I've had a lot of friends give me their advice on how to deal with today. Some of it helped; some of it, not so much. But I have to say that thanks to the Lord and the prayers from my friends and family, it wasn't as hard on me and the Old Man as we thought it would. As always, the Lord is in control, and as always, He has been working in the background ahead of today, and He allowed a couple of things to happen today to distract me from times that I would be feeling weepy. I'll share one of those things, as insequential as it may be.
Before work this morning, I took the garbage bag out of the can in the kitchen, only to find that something had leaked out and made a huge mess in the can. So I did what my sweet Mother would do - took the can to the bathtub and washed it out. Only I wasn't singing a song or smiling like I'd seen her do so many times. But that's something for me to strive for.
For those that knew my sweet Mother or had met her, I'd like to ask you to take a minute and post the one thing that you remember most about my Sweet Mother. Your memories will help me and the Old Man make this day a tribute to her.

No comments: