Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving

 TWIT and I would like to wish you, faithful readers, a very happy Thanksgiving Day.  I am thankful that you all still read my blog after all of these years. 

This year, I am very proud to say that the Old Man and I made our Thanksgiving dinner.  For the past 5 years, we've gotten the "hot and ready" big meal from Cracker Barrel.  But this year, we decided we would cook it our selves.   Other than us not being real happy with the Butterball boneless turkey breast-in-a-bag that goes from the freezer to the oven, our meal was a home run.  The Old Man made great cornbread dressing, and I made dumplings and green bean casserole.  And Patti LaBelle made our dessert - sweet potato pie. 

With this year of craziness, the Old Man and I are still very thankful that we're together, and that the Lord has seen us through another year since losing my Sweet Mother. 

No comments: