Friday, July 20, 2018

What A Day

I just got home from the Shania Twain concert, and I'm thankful that the Lord gave us good weather to get to and from the arena.  As I type this, it's thundering and I drove home through some wicked lightning that is still going on.  

The first round of storms moved through earlier and heavier than the weatherazzi had anticipated.  There was a tornado warning for the eastern part of the county, but that didn't keep my company from having the receptionist get on the intercom and tell everyone to come to the first floor of the building. There were lots of hail storms going on throughout the area, but thankfully we didn't have any hail at The Compound; just some rain.  

The second round came through a few hours ago, and it had a lot of wind in it.  I drove through what looked like war zones on my way home from the concert with big limbs down in the roads. 

There are some small limbs down here at The Compound but for the most part, us, the Girls and Willie are safe and sound. 

And for the record, Shania Twain can still bring it. 

No comments: