Thursday, June 29, 2017

Thank You, Wendys

I had some errands to run today during my lunch time, and on the way back to work I stopped at Wendys, thinking it would be very fast.  The drive-thru line was wrapped around the building, so I thought it would be quicker if I went inside. Wrong.  

It took freaking forever to get my taco salad.  At least fifteen minutes.  All the time I was standing there in line waiting for my salad, I was composing in my head what I would be saying in the online survey. 

When I was finally walking out with my salad, I ran into Mailman Stanley.  Stanley is the mailman that delivers the mail to Zoeller and the surrounding area.  I got a hug from him, and then saw him go to one of the tables in Wendy's where he sat down and proceeded to eat his lunch.  It was then I realized that the Wendys let him come there every day and eat his lunch in air conditioned comfort - even if he didn't buy anything from them.  Today, I noticed he had a clear plastic glass that he filled with ice from their machine, and he poured his can of Minutemaid Lemonade into, and drank it as he ate his sandwich and potato chips.  

My mind had been changed, and I commend Wendys for being kind to Mailman Stanley.

No comments: