Friday, June 9, 2017

Flashback Friday

Usually, every Friday night in June, I would be at one of the local Catholic church picnics.  Yep, I would support the parish by drinking beer, betting dimes on countless wheel booths, and playing Showdown Poker.  The past two June Friday nights, I haven't been able to make it.  But I think back on the great times I've had at the picnics.

It is a time of seeing friends that your normally only see at the church picnics.  You spend some time chatting and catching up, and then you both say "let's get together soon" and yet we never do.  This year, I'm going to change that.  For the rest of June, when I visit the church picnics and find a friend I haven't seen since the last picnic, I am going to make damned sure that we both do get together soon to catch up.  

No comments: