Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Bowl LI

First of all, I don’t need to tell you, faithful readers, how ecstatic I was that my beloved Patriots pulled out their big Super Bowl win last night.  I almost needed the oxygen masks that some of the players were using while sitting on the bench, because for most of the game I couldn’t breathe.  But I digress.  Way to go Pats, and especially Tom Brady.   And also a big way to go to Lady Gaga for killing the half-time show.  I’m not sure how another entertainer could top her performance.  The ‘Rents both said it was their favorite half-time show.  



Now on to what most Super Bowl watchers were concerned with: the commercials. 



Even though the game as a whole was the best Super Bowl I’ve watched, I think the commercials were the worst.  The majority of the commercials were more about world peace than they were about selling a product.  Now, don’t get me wrong; I’m all for world peace, but during the Super Bowl, we expect to see Budweiser Clydesdales, and chimpanzees wearing clothes and puppies.  Lots of cute puppies.  



Out of all of the commercials, my top favorites were Kia, featuring Melissa McCarthy, and Tide Pods featuring Terry Bradshaw.  The Baby Bowl was also a funny one.  My top worst ones were pretty much every other commercial, but the T-Mobile commercials about overages that were a parody on Fifty Shades of Gray and the Busch Beer commercial were my least favorites. 

No comments: