Saturday, February 11, 2017

New Year's Resolution Update

This year for my New Year's Resolution, I made a promise that at least once a day, I would compliment or say something nice to someone, mainly, a complete stranger that I would see in the store, restaurant, or wherever.  

I am proud do say that we are a month and a half into the new year, and I've kept up my resolution.  And even more, I really look forward to doing it.  


It didn't take me long (only a day or two) to discover that when I complimented a stranger, it would change their whole demeanor, and they would stop and talk to me for a couple of minutes.  It could be a simple "Oh, I love your hat" or "I love your shirt" or "I love your ____."  People love to be complimented, yours truly included, and I think it truly does me more good than the person I talk to.  It has made me happier and a whole lot less pissy when I have to go to the grocery or drugstore or where ever to pick up something.  

I think today's compliment was probably my favorite so far.  I was at our Krogers this morning doing my weekly shopping, and saw an elderly lady in one of the motorized carts, followed by daughter.  It didn't take me long to think that she had probably just come from her weekly beauty parlor appointment.  Anyhoo, I kept running into them during my shopping and after a couple of meetings, I finally walked over to her and told her that her hair was beautiful, and that I thought she was the coolest looking shopper in Krogers this morning.  Her face lit up, and she stood up and gave me a hug.  I don't need to tell you that I was just one big ole pile of mush after her hug.  She had the biggest smile on her face as she sat back down and moved on down the aisle of the store.  And let me tell you something -- I had a big smile on my face as well. 

No comments: