Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sometimes, It's Not Always About Management

After walking a couple of laps around the inside of my WM, I stopped at the Sonic in the shopping center parking lot to get us some slushies.  I ordered mediums. After waiting 20 minutes at the window (first strike), and there I saw the C- grade from the health department (second strike).  The kid working said that they were out of medium cups, and asked if I wanted small or large (third strike).  Of course I said we'd take the large, but they could have just made the medium portions and put them in a large cup. 

This Sonic is the same one that got bashed on Facebook two nights ago because they ran out of ice cream.  And today they ran out of cups.  

Being a manager that is charge of a department that schedules, I will cut a bit of slack and say that there is most likely someone at that Sonic besides the manager that is charge of the cups and ice cream.  I sure hope there is. And the manager is getting his instructions from the level above him.  

All that having been said, it is in my opinion that the manager should have made a decision to shut the place down if they didn't have enough products to take care of customer orders.  Once again, the levels above the manager should give them some criteria to follow that would constitute shutting down the store.  That would have been a lot cleaner than having tons of people bash the place on Facebook.  

No comments: