Monday, June 6, 2016

Happy Birthday, Bosses

The sixth of June is always a bittersweet day -- it is the birthday of three of my bosses.  Three very different, strong, women that I worked for during my adult life were born on the sixth of June.

JTB was my boss for ten years.  She and I share a love of music, and to this day, still share that love.  Her husband graciously updates an iPod with albums that he's downloaded.  As of today, that iPod has over 40,000 songs on it.  

KK was a boss I worked for part-time for three years.  She and I also share a love of music - especially the old classic country music.  She has one of the best voices in Louisville, and if things had fallen into place, she should be heard on the radio and TV, but it just wasn't in the stars for her. 

BP was my boss for over 11 years.  She and I shared a love of reading, and back in the day, a love of golf.  

I learned a lot from each of these ladies, mainly, how to treat the people that work for you. I like to think that each of them had a part in making me the boss that I am today. 

No comments: