Saturday, August 1, 2015

Farewell, Lynn Anderson

I was saddened last night when I heard that country singer Lynn Anderson had died.  She was only 67 years old.  She was famous for having one of the biggest hits of the early 70's, "Rose Garden."

I am proud to say that Lynn Anderson was the first celebrity that I got an autograph from.  She is on page one in my old school autograph book, which I keep in one of our fire-proof boxes.  I remember meeting her just as it if was yesterday.  She was singing at the rodeo at the Kentucky State Fair in the summer of 1971.  She was on a horse, getting ready to ride around the arena before singing, and I walked right up to her, held up my little autograph book and a pen and asked if I could have her autograph. I told her that she was one of my favorite country singers and that I played her "Rose Garden" album all the time.  She got down off of the horse, signed my book, and gave me a hug.  

Rest in peace, Lynn Anderson.  

No comments: