Thursday, March 20, 2014

Make Mental Note

Do not attempt to run errands that entail you making contact with a live person on the day when the NCAA tournament starts.  I repeat, do not attempt.

Today, I had to go to three different places for three different errands, and each of them involved me actually speaking and interacting with a person.  This was not a good day to do this.  For you see I made the mistake of running these errands in the hour before noon; noon being the deadline when all of the NCAA brackets had to be entered for all of the contests going on. 

The first place I stopped was at a city government office.  I waited 8 minutes before the security guard noticed I was standing there in front of him because he was too busy on the internet filling in his bracket.

This is just one more reason why I absolutely hate the NCAA tournament time each spring.  

And in case you're interested, the other two offices I had to visit running errands were the same way; every computer monitor had a bracket up on it, and I had to wait what seemed like an eternity for someone to help me because they were busy online working on their brackets.

I'll get off of my soapbox now and go watch The Rifleman.

No comments: