Saturday, August 3, 2019

Not One Of Our Smartest Ideas

This is on us.  This morning, me, my Sweet Mother, and the Old Man went out to the garage and cleaned and cleared out the freezer.  I admit - two weeks ago, I put some ice cream in the freezer and didn't close the door all the way.  Later that day, I discovered my error.  So the majority of the food in there needed to go.  We procrastinated until today.  We spent an hour throwing away and cleaning the inside of the freezer, and with the items that we deemed OK, they only filled up maybe a third of the space.  

But this leaves us with a big problem: the garbage can that is half-way full of food.  And our garbage doesn't get picked up until Thursday morning.  Now you see why this wasn't one of our smartest ideas.  

To keep the probably smell away from us, we left the garbage can out by the garage, and tonight I got some rope and tied the lid down do no varmints can get into it and make things worse.  

Stay tuned.  I have a feeling there is more of this story to come. 

No comments: