Sunday, May 6, 2018

A Day of Rest

It's been an action-packed long weekend here at The Compound.  I only worked Monday and Tuesday and have been off since, and the 'Rents and I and My Dear Cousin and her Awesome Husband have been partying since Thursday afternoon.  By "partying" we mean mainly eating, but also having a few Adult Beverages.  But most of all, we enjoyed just being together.  My Dear Cousin et al left about a half an hour ago to head back up north to Purdue Country, and right now, the 'Rents and I are going to crash.  

As for a Derby wrap up, my Sweet Mother had the winner, and my horse came in second, so I still consider myself a winner.  While it poured down rain almost all day long yesterday (and this was the first Derby that it rained during the Derby race) we didn't mind at all because we were nice and dry in our family room in front of the TV.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a nap. 

No comments: