Friday, March 2, 2018

Flashback Friday

A friend emailed me today, asking if I remembered his Grandmother's pork tenderloin sandwich from way back in the day.  Of course, I remembered Mersey's pork tenderloin sandwich. 

Mersey was an awesome lady.  Her husband, Bobo,  was one of the biggest influences in my father's Christian walk.  He was one of the most Godly ment that my family ever had the privilege of knowing. 

  Whenever we would go to their house to visit, as soon as we would pull into the driveway, Mersey would have a pot of coffee going.  And she would serve coffee in not just any cups; she would serve coffee in her cool world Nescafe mugs.  She would put ice in one of the mugs for me to drink my Pepsi out of, just like the big people did. 

Mersey also had a parrot that would talk, which fascinated me.  It would mimic everything you said.  The parrot was very cool, and I could have sat there for hours in front of the cage talking to it and listening to it talk back. 





No comments: