Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse Wrap-Up

I'm not ashamed to admit I was very disappointed in the much hyped total eclipse of the sun this afternoon.   We rushed back from our trip up north to Lafayette, IN to be back at The Compound in time for the peak of the eclipse.  We wanted to see if the chickens went inside to roost if it got dark enough.  It was not dark enough.

You could definitely tell a difference, though, when we walked into the house.  The family room and dining room was a lot darker than usual at 2:30 in the afternoon.  And outside, the shadows were bigger, but other than that, you couldn't see much of a difference to the naked eye.

The 'Rents and I took turns using our NASA approved eclipse viewing glasses and we all agreed it was very cool to see just a small sliver of the sun.  

I hope all of the thousands and thousands of people that travelled far to see it weren't as disappointed as I was.

No comments: