Saturday, February 10, 2024

A New Not-So-Guilty Pleasure

 For the past couple of months, on Saturday afternoons the Old Man and I have been watching the QVC channel - mainly because their emphasis on Saturdays is on cooking products and food.  I have to say it's pretty entertaining, especially today's viewing.  The woman doing the hosting reminded me straight up of a Saturday Night Live character that would be hosting something like QVC.  Her comments and jokes were just like something I would have heard on SNL.  

Before you think anything further, in the few months we've been watching the Saturday QVC cooking show, today is the only time I've bought something - and it was something that we saw I think the first Saturday we watched it two months ago - three nesting measuring cups.  The best part of these cups are the way they are designed - you don't have to crouch down and look at the measuring cup level on the kitchen countertop - it has the measurements on the inside of the cups so all you have to do is look down.  

Who knows?  Maybe it will help me to cook more.  

Stay tuned. 

No comments: